Partner - Business Risk
National Head of Public Sector
Scott has over twelve years audit experience and has held a number of significant positions across several key government departments and is now responsible for the delivery of outsourced internal audit services to a number of key clients.
He has extensive experience in all aspects of public sector financial management and a deep understanding of financial reporting and compliance requirements having assisted numerous agencies prepare financial statements, budget projections and develop control frameworks.
Scott has assisted a number of agencies to document policies and procedures including the documentation and testing of controls as part of Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Public Sector
- Not for Profit
- Internal Audit, risk management and control frameworks expertise encompassing:
- Financial and performance reviews including core financial management reviews, corporate governance and procurement practices.
- Documentation of policies and procedures of key financial processes including reconciliations, accounts payable, cash management and procurement.
- Independent assessment of grantee operations on behalf of funding bodies, including operational and financial performance, governance arrangements and operating policies and procedures.
- Reengineering key financial processes to meet compliance requirements and better practice.
- Process mapping of key business processes, including the identification of risks and controls, and control testing as part of Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors Australia
- Certified Government Audit Professional
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Member, Institute of Public Administration Australia
T +61 3 8663 6000
M +61 402 118 234