- $60m Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Programme
New government funding for VIC & SA manufacturers
- Are you considering a capital investment project in areas of high value manufacturing?
- Are you looking at ways to become more competitive and sustainable?
- Are you investing in step-change capital equipment?
- Are you undertaking strategic project initiatives to grow your manufacturing business?
In recognition of the structural adjustment the states of South Australia and Victoria are facing with the closure of automotive manufacturing operations, the Victorian, South Australian and Commonwealth Government have contributed funding for a new fund announced on 16 October 2014.
The Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Program aims to accelerate investment in areas of manufacturing where growth opportunities have been demonstrated.
$60m Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Programme
Are you planning any of the following projects in the next three years?
- buying, building, installing and commissioning new machinery and equipment
- changing or extending your existing premises
- training in the use and maintenance of new machinery and equipment
The new $60m Next Generation Manufacturing Investment Programme provides grants to encourage manufacturing investment in South Australia and Victoria. Applicants will need to demonstrate that the:
- project supports high growth manufacturing; and
- enhances the productivity and sustainability of the applicant
Funding is available on a competitive basis for up to 50% of eligible costs, for projects with a minimum investment of $1 million. The grants range from $500,000 to $5 million.
Applications close 9 January 2015.
To find out if your business is eligible or how we can support your application, contact:
Jacky Millership Associate Director - Operational Advisory E email@example.com T +61 3 8663 6723
Grant Thornton helps manufacturers look beyond immediate challenges and adapt their business to take advantage of new opportunities in the market. We provide both financial and operational services to help you achieve long-term, profitable growth.