- Mobility Minutes Podcast Series
- Mobility Minutes Episode 6 - Fringe Benefits Tax for international assignees
- Episode 5 - The US tax reform and what it means for global mobility
- Episode 4 - Relocating employees from Australia to Singapore
- Episode 3 - Understanding Employee Share Schemes
- Episode 2 - Short term business travellers
- Episode 1 - Australian Federal Budget Measures
The Mobility Minutes Podcast Series addresses trending topics in global mobility and remuneration taxes, in a concise and easy to access format.
Having a strong understanding of global employment issues and opportunities is essential to thriving in a competitive and constantly changing global marketplace. Click here for more information.
Episode 6 - Fringe Benefits Tax for international assignees and their employers
Australia is one of only a handful of countries globally to tax "fringe benefits” or “benefits in kind” as an employer tax. The latest episode of Mobility Minutes is now available and discusses;
- The Australian Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) system
- The benefits we see provided to globally mobile employees and the common cross-border issues associated with these
- Which benefits potentially attract concessional or exempt treatment
- Which benefits to avoid
Talking through Fringe Benefits Tax and the impact on your international assignee population is George Bendall and Jessica Dal Busco from the Grant Thornton Global Mobility Services team.