Analysing M&A activity over the past 18 months we’ve drilled down to find what makes companies successful and attractive to investors.
The data consistently shows that companies with high growth and sought-after services, products or IP are valuable on a global scale, with above-average EBITDA multiples on sale.
Grant Thornton’s Dealtracker analyses the activity in detail: the volume trends; the values and valuation multiples; the impact of global food security concerns; the changing composition of acquisitions; who the big investors are, and IPO activity.
Our expectations for the next 12 months:
- Strong, ongoing demand for businesses from offshore acquirers which can be leveraged into home markets
- Continuing availability of private equity funding for scalable mid-size businesses
- Strong demand for IT and food-sector businesses
- Moderation of valuation multiples from the levels seen over the past 18 months
- Tougher conditions for IPOs, with increased regulatory oversight on disclosure