Partner - Financial Advisory
Alex is a highly experienced forensic accountant, with over 12 years in forensic teams in Australia and the UK.
A successful forensic accountant has the ability to analyse a complex problem to find the best and clearest solution. They must then be able to express it in simple terms understood by anybody.
It is this challenge that Alex finds most rewarding in his work.
Alex has gained extensive experience across many high profile and complex litigation and investigation assignments. Alex has given expert evidence in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and prepared an expert report for the Supreme Court of Western Australia.
Significant engagements include:
- Preparation of multiple expert witness reports (including a joint expert report) and giving evidence in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in a dispute relating to the amounts invoiced and profits made by the caretaker of a major residential tower in Sydney
- Day-to-day leader of the compliance expert team appointed by ASIC to consider a major bank's historical issues with its wealth management area
- Reviewing the actual and forecast financial information provided to a purchaser of a >$1bn transaction following claims that the results pre-transaction had been manipulated
- Consideration of the alleged falsification of a company's accounts (and whether those accounts were prepared in accordance with accounting standards), causation and economic loss issues in relation to a defamation claim against a leading Australian newspaper
- Assessment of costs spent by a government agency in a failed major transport project
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland