Partner - Tax
Avinesh has over 17 years’ Australian tax experience in chartered accounting firms and the commercial sector. He is passionate about helping mid-size businesses succeed and a sought after presenter of tax topics by industry associations. Avinesh is a key team member of the firm’s Financial Services and Real Estate and Construction industry focus groups.
His focus areas include tax advice on acquisitions, restructures, capital structuring & debt equity planning. He has assisted numerous clients with international expansions, setting up in Australia and global supply chain planning. Avinesh is also an expert in preparing and reviewing income tax returns and tax effect accounting. He has proven skills with ATO liaison and obtaining private rulings.
Examples of Avinesh's work include:
- working with the Grant Thornton Transaction Services team in the provision of tax due diligence services, tax advice, review of share sale agreements and purchase price negotiations.
- assisting a global property company with the acquisition of major hotel chain and their subsequent establishment of ongoing Australian operations
- liaison with the ATO and obtaining a Demerger and Scrip for Scrip Ruling for a large ASX listed company
- mapping out the global supply chain for an Australian furniture manufacturer
- leading the end of year tax effect accounting process and income tax compliance for large groups
- Bachelor of Accounting and Economics
- Chartered Accountant
- Fellow - Tax Institute of Australia