Partner - Financial Advisory
Darryn is a Forensic Consulting specialist with a background in providing expert reports and expert witness services in disputes including, loss and damage assessments, business and share valuations, shareholder issues including oppression claims, financial reporting errors and disputes in relation to financial statements and requirements to reconstruct financial statements.
Darryn’s forensic reports cover a wide range of disputes across a broad range of industries including professional and personal services, wholesale distribution and importers, property development and construction and retail and franchising. He also regularly presents on forensic valuations and other dispute issues.
- Engaged as an independent expert in relation to a commercial dispute involving the parallel importing of manufactured goods by a Chinese company in breach of an Australian distribution agreement under the International Arbitration Act including preparation of expert reports and appearance at the Tribunal.
- Appointed as the single expert in family law proceedings involving parties in the motor vehicle industry including the preparation of expert reports.
- Appointed as an expert in relation to a shareholder dispute in the construction industry including the preparation of an expert valuation report.
- Engaged as an independent expert in relation to negligence proceeds in the Victorian Supreme Court regarding the quantum and settlement of a matrimonial dispute including preparation of expert reports and appearance as an expert witness.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Member of ICAA Forensic Accounting Special Interest Group and Business Valuations Special Interest Group
- Member of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Member of the Collaborative Professionals Victoria
- Associate Member Law Institute of Victoria
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Chartered Accountants Professional Year
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Studies (Accounting)
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment