Director - Grant Thornton Consulting
Joanna has deep capability in designing and delivering business transformations and managing complex change though the lenses of people, process and technology. This includes supporting businesses in the design of their strategic initiatives and helping them manage the processes that bring about the change as an end-to-end activity.
A published academic author with an in depth knowledge of change management practice, in particular resistance to change, Joanna has a passion for effecting real change. Her pragmatic approach to problem solving drives her ability to deliver the best possible outcome for clients.
Working at the intersection of a number of industries, Joanna specialises on working with companies and institutions principally concerned with the delivery of services to members of the community. These include health and aged care, Not-for-Profit and public sector. She has also worked in depth across a number of other sectors including manufacturing and education.
Joanna’s specialist technical expertise includes:
- Business transformation
- Organisational redesign
- Operating model design
- Change & program management
- Market analysis & market entry strategy
- Program design & evaluation
Examples of relevant projects
- Recently led the transformation the operating model of one of Australia’s largest infrastructure service providers through the lenses of people, process and technology in response to a substantial investment in a market-leading, cloud-based digital work management platform. The team delivered a bespoke organisational sizing model used to test organisational structure and operating model scenarios, a complete set of processes mapped to the functional requirements of the business and re-designed and defined the roles within the business.
- Led the development of diversification strategies for a number of automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to capitalise on new market entry opportunities in the lead up to the closure of automotive manufacturing in Australia.
- Joanna led the design, trial and evaluation of the Team Around the Learner Approach to working with students with complex needs in Victorian schools. The team delivered a practice framework, tools, resources and training for professionals, education specialists and Department of Education & Training staff. Joanna also led the clinical review of the approach which was found to be successful and currently being implemented in Victorian schools.
- Published Academic Author – Australian Journal of Management
- Bachelor of Honours (Management) - Monash University
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management) and Bachelor of Science (Psychology) Double Degree – Monash University
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certified