Partner - Audit & Assurance
National Head of Financial Services
Madeleine leads the Financial Services Industry practice for Grant Thornton in Australia. Madeleine specialises Mid-sized clients in the Financial Services industry and has a keen interest in helping clients grow and succeed in an environment of evolving regulatory pressure, demographic shifts, financial technology innovation and changing consumer behaviour. Examples of how Madeleine has leveraged her client centric approach and her deep technical expertise include:
- Working with RSE management and trustee to implement the Stronger Super suite of reforms, developing a Three Lines of Defence Risk Management Framework and setting Risk Appetite.
- Assisting a General Insurer to operationalise a change in strategy, providing accounting advice and data analytics to support management in execution and capability building.
Madeleine is a Registered Company Auditor who satisfies the APRA Fit & Proper requirements for external audits of ADIs, General Insurers and Superannuation Funds/RSE Licensees. Madeleine also has Internal Audit experience, in delivering “Third Line of Defence” coordinated assurance solutions for ADIs, General Insurers and Superannuation Fund Trustees, including Due Diligence, GS007 reports, Business Resilience and Outsourced Service Provider reviews. Madeleine also provides Governance, Risk Advisory and Compliance Services for financial services organisations.
- Bachelor of Economics, Majoring in Accounting & Financial Management – Macquarie University
- Fellow – Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Registered Company Auditor