Partner - Tax
Peter has extensive experience in providing tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse range of listed and private clients.
Peter has a particular focus on the Energy & Resources, Financial Services and Real Estate & Construction industries.
Clients receive the benefits of Peter’s active involvement in consultation on tax developments with the ATO and Treasury via his membership of industry bodies.
Key examples of Peter’s work include:
- structuring of inbound and outbound investments
- mergers and acquisitions advice and tax due diligence reviews
- demergers and returns of capital
- tax consolidation entry and exit calculation
- income tax implications of mine site development
- establishment of managed investment schemes and review of distribution components
- advice in relation to the taxation of financial arrangements regime
- implementation of employee share schemes
- preparation and review of tax effect accounting calculations and disclosures
- management of tax audits and risk reviews
- Master of Taxation, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Economics, La Trobe University
- Fellow of the Tax Institute
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Member of the New Zealand Association of Mining and Exploration Corporate Regulation and Taxation Committee