Director - Tax
Shane has over 15 years of tax consulting experience within the chartered accounting profession.
His focus has primarily been on advising large private and family owned Groups, including High Net Wealth Individuals. Shane also works closely with a number of managed funds and collective investment vehicles.
Shane advises on a broad range of tax issues and has recently been advising clients looking to expand overseas and structuring for start-up enterprises.
In addition, Shane is regularly called on to present technical training to the Australian Taxation Office.
Examples of Shane's work:
- lead tax advisor to an Australian technology company prior to its successful ASX listing
- advised a number of managed funds with their transition into the Attribution Managed Investment Trust (AMIT) regime
- advised start-up enterprises with a corporate structure and implementation of an Employee Share Schemes ahead of a capital raising
- negotiated with the ATO on behalf of clients under review or audit
- advised a business prior to its acquisition by a listed purchaser to maximise after-tax sale proceeds
- Vendor and Purchaser due diligence
- lead tax advisor to a foreign multinational company in structuring the acquisition of various Australian entities
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons)/Laws (Hons), Monash University
- Certificate IV, Training and Assessment
- Chartered Tax Advisor, Taxation Institute of Australia