Partner – Financial Advisory
Shaun has over 16 years of experience in chartered accounting in Australia and the United Kingdom including 12 years in the Transaction Advisory Services division of a Big 4 firm immediately prior to joining Grant Thornton in January 2012.
As a partner in the Financial Advisory practice Shaun specialises in providing financial and commercial due diligence services and turnaround, restructuring and insolvency services. Shaun’s clients include financiers, investors, government and public and private companies.
Shaun is also the Queensland leader of the Food, Beverage and Agribusiness industry team.
As a partner in the Advisory practice Shaun’s core expertise includes:
- supporting financiers in an advisory or investigative accounting role to deal with clients who are experiencing some form of financial distress (profitability concerns, financial facility issues, insolvency etc.)
- supporting corporates and government assess financial viability of suppliers, joint venture partners or project proponents
- conducting pre-lending financial due diligence for financiers
- acting as a receiver and manager, liquidator or voluntary administrator in the recovery, restructuring or winding up of insolvent entities
- acting in an advisory role to support corporates who are experiencing financial difficulties in their turnaround or restructuring initiatives
- transaction services advice to corporate clients on both the buy and sell side of transactions in the form of acquisition due diligence, vendor due diligence reporting and pre-sale due diligence
Grant Thornton has significant expertise and numerous clients in the Food, Beverage and Agribusiness industry across Financial Advisory, PHB, Tax and Audit service lines. As Queensland leader of the Food, Beverage and Agribusiness industry team Shaun is involved in supporting engagement delivery for the firm’s clients within the industry as well as being responsible across all service lines for coordinating the firms various business development and thought leadership projects to support the firm’s clients within the industry.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association of Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Associate Diploma of Applied Finance
- Registered and Official Liquidator