Partner - Tax
National Head of Real Estate & Construction
Sian’s real estate and construction expertise draws on over twenty years’ experience in taxation, accounting and general business consulting. Advising clients from the start-up and growth phases of business through to those looking to realise their wealth via exit strategies, her input is focused and practical with real insight into the issues impacting businesses in the industry.
With experience managing tax risk for large groups, including advising on significant transactions and group consolidations, Sian oversees the compliance and planning needs of Australian and international business groups.
After beginning her career in Brisbane, Sian joined Grant Thornton in 2001 and has worked in our Brisbane, Melbourne and USA firms. She was appointed a Tax Partner in 2007 and heads up the National Real Estate and Construction group for Grant Thornton.
Sian has extensive experience with businesses in the property development and construction industries and advises a number of key industry participants on tax matters.
Other industry experience includes:
- Hospitality and accommodation services
- Professional services firms
- Transport and logistics
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Housing Industry Association (HIA)
- Divisional Council member of Property Council of Australia – Queensland
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA)
- The Tax Institute – Chartered Tax Advisor
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Graduate of Australian Company Directors