Director - Remuneration Taxes
Steve has over 30 years’ experience in providing taxation, accounting and financial management advice. This experience has been acquired in both the private and public sectors, including Big Four firms, the Australian Taxation Office and the Department of Justice.
Steve specialises in providing employment and expatriate tax advice including Fringe Benefits Tax, FBT, pay as you go, super guarantee charge and employee remuneration structuring to medium and large corporate groups, government and Not for Profit organisations.
Key examples of Stephen’s work include:
- assisting numerous (listed and unlisted) companies with the full design and implementation of tax and commercially effective employee share schemes (including upwards of 20 in the past 12 months)
- undertaking full employment tax compliance, process and policy improvement and contractual arrangement reviews for a wide cross section of clients in both the private and public sectors
- assisting and supporting clients selected for employment tax-related audits by the ATO and state revenue offices
- preparing detailed reasonably arguable position papers, private ruling applications and objection letters involving significant issues on behalf of clients
- regular public speaking on employment tax matters at professional body conferences and client seminars