Partner & Head of Private Advisory - Brisbane
Steve has in excess of 23 years experience in advising some of Queensland's most significant public, private and government businesses. More recently, Steve’s focus has been on middle market enterprises and growing businesses.
In addition to his focus on private and family businesses, Steve has advised some of Queensland business' most significant transactions and initial public offerings in relation to matters of corporate and international taxation. Steve has also led the delivery of tax services to some of Queensland's largest listed corporations and government owned enterprises.
Steve has had a long involvement with the tax profession in Australia and is the Immediate Past President and Chairman of The Tax Institute, having served as a member of the board for the past 7 years. He remains a member of the Institute's Queensland State Council. Steve was appointed to the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation in January 2013 and is a member of the Board's Tax Policy working group. As president of The Tax Institute, Steve was a member of the ATO's National Tax Liaison Group from January 2014 to December 2015.
Steve has gained his experience through many significant engagements, including:
- Advisory and tax partner to a number of privately held businesses, involving membership of the advisory board and engagement with external stakeholders
- Provision of tax advisory services to a number of private and public property developments groups
- Lead tax advisor in relation to the merger of two significant family-owned businesses, involving pre-acquisition restructuring and post-acquisition implementation
- Lead global client service partner to an ASX 50 Queensland-based listed travel group.
- Lead tax advisor in relation to a number of Initial Public Offerings, representing some of Queensland’s most significant corporations
- Lead tax advisor to a significant Queensland listed corporation in relation to a $600m acquisition from private equity
- Lead tax advisor to the Queensland Government in relation to the sale of the Port of Brisbane
Numerous cross-border assignments assisting offshore corporations establish a presence in Australia and provision of on-going support, and assisting Australian businesses expand in to foreign jurisdictions.
- Bachelor of Business
- Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Tax Adviser