Partner - National Specialist Tax
Steven has a passion for seeing new projects create jobs that stimulate positive change in the community.
He has over 14 years of Big Four experience advising clients on R&D claims for large and small organisations, from multi-nationals right through to start-up companies.
Steven brings a broad range of experience in addition to his tax specialisation, including:
- Working for an R&D company operating a first of its kind pilot plant
- Managing technology product development
- Innovation and design thinking workshop facilitation
- Change management implementation.
Steven’s combined tax and commercial experience assists in achieving his passion through lowering the cost of innovation (particularly) in the resources industry.
Steven is degree qualified in Extractive Metallurgy and has spent time working and operating a number of gold mines in Western Australia, including the rich Chalice Gold Mine near Norseman, Hill 50 at Mt Magnet and Bamboo Creek in the Pilbara.
Steven’s introduction to R&D occurred while operating an electrolytic manganese dioxide pilot plant at Murdoch University.
Steven has been exposed to a wide variety of industries with a natural leaning to the resources sector.
- Bachelor of Science (Extractive Metallurgy)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting)
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Member of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand