Director - Grant Thornton Consulting
Stuart is a Chartered Accountant with over 16 years’ of commercial experience. He has a strong track record of providing objective advice to clients, taking a consultative approach to solving complex problems.
Stuart has worked extensively with public sector agencies in Queensland. He has led the delivery of a number of significant business advisory engagements, and has particular expertise in corporate services and performance improvement projects.
Stuart also has experience in working with the education, aviation, not for profit and retail sectors.
Key examples of Stuart’s work include:
- Delivery of a wide range of consulting engagements in the education sector. Examples include a review of funding models in early childhood, development of project management frameworks, review of international education services and programs, program evaluation, strategic review of a University’s commercial business unit and development of business cases
- Development of a number of business cases to support clients’ strategic initiatives. Examples include proposed new early childhood services in regional Queensland, cost reduction programs, ICT managed services for a large Government agency, replacement of a HR/payroll system, core system replacement for a statutory authority and a contact centre services contract
- Delivery of a range of independent internal audit reviews, highlighting control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement. Review topics have included financial management, asset management, capital project management, fraud risk, plant management, cyber security, contract management, performance reporting and legislative compliance
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors – Australia
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Prince2 Project Management Accreditation
- Gateway Reviewer Accreditation