Partner - Grant Thornton Consulting
For nearly 20 years, Stuart has been working with government, business and not-for-profits to help them succeed.
He has a wide range of consulting experience in the Public Sector, Defence, Aviation, Professional Services and Social Services sectors. He places a high value on the importance of education in our society and has a special focus on working with Schools, Universities and Training providers.
With a background as a Chartered Accountant, he delivers program evaluations, financial modelling and analysis, business technology advisory projects, internal audits and performance improvement consulting projects.
Examples of Stuart’s work includes:
- Developed a Costing Attribution Tool for a regional University. This management information system models costs and revenues to the University’s Academic and Research outputs, to inform management decision-making.
- Conducted an independent program evaluation for a Department of Education pilot program which introduces additional career pathways for State school teachers.
- Developed a new budget model for a dual-sector University, to more closely link financial resource allocation with a clear set of budget parameters and ratios.
- Delivered an outsourced internal audit of the Compliance Management system for a Queensland-based University
- Advised a local government entity on the business requirements gathering and procurement of new finance, HR and operational systems.
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
- Member of the Association for Tertiary Education Management (MATEM)
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Prince2 Project Management Accreditation
- Gateway Reviewer Accreditation