Partner - National Specialist Tax
National Head of Indirect Tax
Tony has seventeen years’ experience providing specialist tax services, with a particular focus on GST, payroll tax and fuel tax credits. He advises clients throughout Australia on indirect taxes affecting their business transactions, as well as the latest technical advice on taxation and accounting software upgrades.
Tony works with member firms of Grant Thornton International to advise multinational clients on the cross-border implications of indirect tax. Offering expertise across the broad spectrum of specialist tax services, Tony also assists clients in dealing with the ATO and driving the successful conclusion of private ruling requests and voluntary disclosures.
Tony has clients in the energy and resources, real estate and construction, major projects and infrastructure, manufacturing and public sector industries. He also advises on:
- GST planning to maximise profits for multi-stage government property developments
- Multimillion dollar fuel tax credit refunds for large construction group
- Multi-stage GST impact study assignment for Malaysian businesses prior to introduction of GST.
- Chartered Accountant
- Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)