- Grant Thornton appoints new Human Capital partner
- Darren Scammell joins Grant Thornton
- Life Sciences sector booming and more buoyant than ever
- Grant Thornton welcomes new leaders
- Victoria backs TPP and benefits of Free Trade
- Aged care boardroom briefing with Federal Minister highlights opportunities and challenges for the sector
- volt bank receives Australia’s first restricted ADI licence
- Grant Thornton advises Jupiter Mines on one of the largest IPOs in the metal and mining industry
- Grant Thornton acts for Turi Foods on merger with global food supplier
- Grant Thornton appoints new Partner as part of its ongoing investment in Financial Services
- Grant Thornton Australia continues to bolster its consulting capabilities with the appointment of new technology Partner
Former KPMG audit partner, Darren Scammell, joins Grant Thornton in Melbourne.
A specialist in general, health and life insurance, superannuation, banking, and wealth management, Darren is a welcome addition to our leadership team and our growing client base of Victorian financial services clients.
With more than 32 years’ experience in technical accounting, risk and compliance assessments and integrated reporting across Australia and the UK, Darren has been the trusted audit partner for organisations including BUPA’s Australian and New Zealand operations, ANZ Superannuation, Japara, La Trobe Financial Services, GMHBA, The Salvation Army and the Victorian insurance agencies, TAC and WorkSafe.
Darren has built a career balancing the needs of clients, regulators and the board, while remaining independent and commercial, and is widely respected for his measured and practical judgement in response to market forces and digital disruption.
“We are excited to have Darren join our team at this pivotal moment in time for the financial services sector. While the Royal Commission continues to play out, we have no doubt there will be recommendations forthcoming which will impact on our client’s day to day business practices. As an experienced and trusted advisor, Darren will be well positioned to actively support our clients through any future regulatory changes and reporting requirements,” Madeleine Mattera, Financial Services Leader for Grant Thornton, said.
“Approximately half of Australia’s funds and superannuation assets are managed from Melbourne. Banks, stockbrokers, insurers, wholesale and retail fund managers, including 6 out of 10 of Australia’s major superannuation funds, are the managers of these funds. It’s a very important industry to Melbourne, but there are many issues including the Royal Commission, big data, old systems, compliance, and cyber fraud, just to name a few. These issues require professional services support and I’m looking forward to providing this support to the financial services industry, with a Melbourne focus,” Darren Scammell said.
In addition to his leadership and client facing roles, Darren is also an active advocate for quality in the industry, and is a Past President (2016) and current Fellow of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
- ends -
Further enquiries, please contact:
National Communications Manager
Grant Thornton Australia
T+61 2 8297 2724