- The UK’s Tech Rocketship Awards take off in Australia and New Zealand
- Robert Powell recognised with Family Business Australia’s inaugural Accredited Advisor Award
- “Western Australia is superbly situated to thrive and prosper”
- Proportionate regulation can help protect banking customers
- Grant Thornton appoints new Human Capital partner
- Darren Scammell joins Grant Thornton
- Life Sciences sector booming and more buoyant than ever
- Grant Thornton welcomes new leaders
- Victoria backs TPP and benefits of Free Trade
- Aged care boardroom briefing with Federal Minister highlights opportunities and challenges for the sector
- volt bank receives Australia’s first restricted ADI licence
- Grant Thornton advises Jupiter Mines on one of the largest IPOs in the metal and mining industry
- Grant Thornton acts for Turi Foods on merger with global food supplier
- Grant Thornton appoints new Partner as part of its ongoing investment in Financial Services
- Grant Thornton Australia continues to bolster its consulting capabilities with the appointment of new technology Partner
Grant Thornton Australia continues its investment in the Financial Services industry and its client base by welcoming Mrs Himashini Weeraratne to the Partnership, based in Sydney.
Himashini will continue to build the firm’s specialist tax expertise with a focus on asset management, superannuation and Fintech, with a focus on boutique funds and small to mid-size high growth financial organisations.
Previously at Deloitte, Himashini has worked with some of Australia’s largest financial services providers and superannuation funds clients, such as Blackrock Asset Management, First State Super, NSW Treasury and NAB Wealth, delivering compliance and advisory engagements across a range of areas and issues.
The lead partner of Grant Thornton’s Financial Services industry group, Madeleine Mattera said: “Himashini’s strong expertise in the Financial Services industry will be a great addition to our team and benefit to our clients. We are excited about expanding our expertise in this important area.”
This appointment follows the recent return of Partner, Chris Watson, to the Financial Advisory team in Brisbane and the appointment of Branko Panich in within the Technology Advisory team of Grant Thornton Consulting.
For more information, please contact:
Head of Marketing
D +61 2 8297 2479