- The UK’s Tech Rocketship Awards take off in Australia and New Zealand
- Robert Powell recognised with Family Business Australia’s inaugural Accredited Advisor Award
- “Western Australia is superbly situated to thrive and prosper”
- Proportionate regulation can help protect banking customers
- Grant Thornton appoints new Human Capital partner
- Darren Scammell joins Grant Thornton
- Life Sciences sector booming and more buoyant than ever
- Grant Thornton welcomes new leaders
- Victoria backs TPP and benefits of Free Trade
- Aged care boardroom briefing with Federal Minister highlights opportunities and challenges for the sector
- volt bank receives Australia’s first restricted ADI licence
- Grant Thornton advises Jupiter Mines on one of the largest IPOs in the metal and mining industry
- Grant Thornton acts for Turi Foods on merger with global food supplier
- Grant Thornton appoints new Partner as part of its ongoing investment in Financial Services
- Grant Thornton Australia continues to bolster its consulting capabilities with the appointment of new technology Partner
The UK’s Tech Rocketship Awards offer technology scale-ups a new launch-pad for their expansion to the UK. On the hunt for successful Australasian technology scale-ups, Grant Thornton Australia is supporting the UK Department for International Trade (DIT) launch their Tech Rocketship Awards in Australia and New Zealand.
The Tech Rocketship Awards are open to established Australian and New Zealand scale-ups that deliver innovative, technology-led solutions across a wide spectrum of industries and are ready to internationalise.
The Awards will help 8 winners gain exposure, expand their global networks and expedite the set-up of their UK operations through a paid-for, curated trip to the UK in early 2019.
So far, over 40 companies have participated in the UK’s Tech Rocketship program, but this is the first time the awards have been open to Australian and New Zealand businesses. The program, run by the DIT, is supported by partners, the Australian British Chamber of Commerce and Grant Thornton.
Holly Stiles, Corporate Finance Partner, Grant Thornton Australia said:
“At Grant Thornton Australia we understand the challenges technology and fintech companies face when expanding rapidly. Support is needed in many areas including systems, compliance, tax structure and funding, so access to the best advice is critical. We’re delighted to work with DIT to support and enable that growth in Australia, New Zealand and globally.”
Michael Ward, British Consul General and Director-General, UK Department for International Trade, Australia and New Zealand said:
“The UK tech sector is going from strength to strength, growing 2.6 times faster than the wider economy. The UK is the fifth largest economy in the world - and with 65 million potential consumers, a deep tech ecosystem, an extraordinary talent base and a supportive business environment, it’s the perfect place for determined, ambitious tech companies to scale globally.
With support from our teams on the ground in Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland and Brisbane, we’re already seeing a strong increase in the number of innovative Australian and New Zealand tech-led companies achieving real success in the UK.
Tech Rocketship is an excellent platform for companies to supercharge their UK expansion plans and I encourage those Australasian tech companies with genuinely global ambitions to apply now.”
David McCredie, CEO of the Australian British Chamber of Commerce said:
“It’s great to see programmes like this building on the strong trade and investment relationship the UK enjoys with both Australia and New Zealand. We’re delighted to be a part of it and look forward to supporting the winners on their journey to the UK.”
The Tech Rocketship Award categories in Australasia are:
- Economy & Digital Security
- Tech for an Ageing Society
- The AI & Data Revolution
- The Future of Mobility
- Clean Growth
- Feeding the Nation
- Connected Consumers & Creativity
- GREAT Tech for Change Award
The Tech Rocketship Awards are open for submissions until November 23rd 2018. Full details about the competition, including terms and conditions are on the Tech Rocketship Awards website. Winners will be announced in December 2018.
Further enquiries, please contact:
National Communications Manager
Grant Thornton Australia
T+61 2 8297 2724