- Grant Thornton Consulting
- Business risk
- Human capital Human capital
- Performance improvement Performance improvement
- Strategy & growth Strategy & growth
- Technology advisory
Our Operational Deal Services (ODS) team provides practical advice to ensure the greatest possible outcome and value from business transactions.
An integrated approach to supporting your M&A journey
We work with you through all stages of the deal to maximise deal value and performance, through a robust approach to strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, value mapping and change management.
As your organisation contemplates a merger or acquisition, we will work systematically with you to ensure:
- you have a clear strategy for the transaction, and a plan to maximise value
- you have a stakeholder management and communication plan in order to engage with stakeholders and teams at different stages of the process
- you have effectively analysed and maximised the key value drivers and synergies of the deal
- you have mapped out a clear change management process that will provide a pathway to success well beyond deal close
- you are in a position to manage and mitigate all identified risks
- navigate the unknown, and remove pressure and distraction from management teams and business operations
PartnerFind out more
Successful acquisitions require in-depth, careful management. Given the high stakes and opportunity associated with strategic transactions, it is important to have a comprehensive plan to effectively drive the process from start to finish, and ensure success beyond deal close.
Our services include:
- Operational due diligence - assessing the key opportunities and risks inherent in a proposed transaction for either buyers or vendors.
- Synergy review – identifying the synergies that exist in a potential deal in order to lay the foundations for business integration.
- Carve-out - divesting or acquiring a non-core business from within a parent company, including advising on the operational, financial and regulatory implications.
- Integration - guiding the integration of an acquired business, including managing risk and maximising value in the first 100 days post-completion
- Exit readiness/preparation for sale - enhancing business value through operational improvements in the critical 12-18 months before a sale