We’ll help you attract and retain your top talent with up-to-date advice on employee equity reward schemes.
Today’s corporate landscape is fluid and fast moving. The best people have a global playing field and shifting loyalties. How do you attract and retain key staff? One of the best ways to do this is through an equity reward scheme that motivates and incentivises.
With top talent in high demand, the pending reforms to the employee share scheme tax regime – effective 1 July 2015 if passed – are an attractive option. Whether your company is a start-up or a global player, mature or in a growth stage, you can save vital capital and incentivise your best employees with equity. The draft legislation aims to:
- align the rules with international labour market trends (especially welcome for global companies)
- offer significant tax concessions for start-ups
- give companies greater flexibility to tailor the scheme to the employee’s tax position.
We can help you navigate the new rules. Grant Thornton Australia has the resources, skills and experience of a large, global organisation, but with the technical expertise and tailored attention of a local firm.
Our strong technical know-how is backed by our specialist skills and regulatory experience. We can help:
- choose and design the right plan to achieve your company’s and the employee’s objectives
- advise on alternative executive remuneration arrangements under the current and proposed rules
- manage the drafting of supporting legal documents to ensure they achieve the company’s objectives and agreed tax outcome
- advise on the tax and accounting implications of your ESS plans
- prepare valuations for the purpose of financial accounts or ASX notices
- advise employees on the tax implications of receiving equity awards
- provide advice on ATO company and employee reporting requirements for ESS interests
- assist with ATO audits.