We’ll help you attract and retain your top talent with up-to-date advice on employee equity reward schemes.
Today’s corporate landscape is fluid and fast moving. The best people have a global playing field and shifting loyalties. How do you attract and retain key staff? One of the best ways to do this is through an equity reward scheme that motivates and incentivises.
With top talent in high demand, the reforms to the employee share scheme tax laws made in 2015 have made the implementation of an equity reward scheme more attractive. The revised legislation:
- offers significant tax concessions for employees of start – up companies; and
- gives companies greater flexibility to tailor the scheme to the employee’s tax position.
Whether your company is a start – up or a global player, mature or in growth stage, you can save vital capital and incentivise your best employees with equity.
Our strong technical know-how in this area backed by our specialist skills and regulatory experience means that we can assist your company:
- understand the pros and cons of alternative executive remuneration arrangements and choose and design the right plan to achieve your company’s and your employee’s objectives
- by managing the drafting of supporting legal documents to ensure they achieve your objectives and deliver the agreed tax outcome
- to understand the tax and accounting implications of your employee share scheme
- by preparing valuations for the purpose of financial accounts or ASX notices
- in advising your employees of the tax implications for them of receiving equity awards
- to meet your statutory reporting obligations to the ATO and your employees in this area
- with ATO audits.
Partner & National Head of Remuneration TaxesContact Peter