I love working with dynamic businesses, solving complex problems and am passionate about helping owners and key stakeholders achieve their goals. I develop close relationships with clients based on mutual trust, provide pragmatic advice and have open, honest and collaborative conversations to identify opportunities, mitigate risk and ultimately add value.
Director – Private Business Tax & Advisory
Brayden is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Advisor with 9 years of professional experience with Grant Thornton in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Brayden provides accounting and taxation services to a broad range of clients, including international groups, large corporates, mid-sized business, and high net worth families. He specialises in complex areas of taxation and works across several industries, with a focus on professional services and growing and dynamic businesses.
As well as partnering with the above clients, Brayden has also worked with a number of large overseas groups to assist them with setting up business operations in Australia, including establishment of appropriate structures and compliance with local tax and regulatory obligations.
Brayden is passionate about helping clients succeed and prides himself on exceptional client service and providing timely, relevant, and practical advice. He was also awarded the Justice Graham Hill Scholarship by the Tax Institute in 2020 as Dux of their Chartered Tax Advisory Program.
- Acquisitions and disposals – advising on the purchase and sale of privately held businesses, including Capital Gains Tax (CGT) advice on CGT rollovers and the small business CGT concessions
- Business strategy and growth – developing growth strategies, debt and equity structuring and advising senior management and owners on succession and wealth creation
- Financial modelling and management reporting– building integrated three-way financial models to enable business owners and key stakeholders make informed decisions and designing and developing management reports
- Inbound and outbound investments – establishing inbound structures for large international groups setting up operations in Australia, including compliance with local regulations, managing tax obligations and providing outsourced accounting services
- Structuring and restructuring – providing advice on business structures to maximise profit repatriation and corporate reconstructions to help manage inefficient tax structures
- Taxation management and compliance – assisting with tax planning, tax management and tax advisory services for companies and trusts
- Chartered Tax Advisor, The Tax Institute
- Chartered Accountant, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)