Zoom has had security flaws identified and reported on for some time now. These flaws have been the aforementioned call hijacking, questionable encryption, call traffic being routed through Chinese servers and the more covert issue of Mac users being unknowingly forced into calls.Read more…
Partner – Consulting
Chris is a Partner within the Forensic Consulting team and has over 25 years’ experience in investigations. Chris spent 12 years in the City of London Police where, as a detective in the crime scene investigation unit, Chris was responsible for building the computer crime unit.
As part of this unit, Chris investigated a broad range of crimes covering fraud, blackmail, hacking and threats to kill. He worked closely with numerous Fraud investigation teams and the Dedicated Cheque and Plastic Credit Card Unit in London where he assisted in the investigation of major frauds and a variety of cheque and credit card crimes.
Since moving to Australia, Chris has worked for both Big 4 and mid-tier forensic practices as well as acting in a risk and compliance role in the oil and gas sector. During this time he conducted investigations into numerous matters including the theft of intellectual property, fraud, employee misconduct, bribery and corruption and Sarbanes Oxley reviews.
Recent examples of engagements include:
- Cyber lead for the ongoing liquidation of, and investigation into, Crypto currency exchange, Cryptopia
- Responsible for Cyber incident response as part of a global Grant Thornton agreement with an insurance underwriting agency
- Computer/Cyber Forensic lead for Grant Thornton Australia
- Creation and implementation of a regional risk and compliance framework for a US and UK listed oil and gas entity
- Investigation into the potential bribery and corruption of a foreign official in Sri Lanka
- Four-month investigation into a company-wide fraud in a subsidiary of a US multinational company based in India
- Investigation and subsequent prosecution of employee of large retail operation, who committed fraud to the value of approximately $500,000
- Investigation and recovery of funds after an employee defrauded a medium manufacturing operation of approximately $1.2million
- Investigation and recovery of funds after “CEO” scam was identified with an initial loss of $12 million
- Contract compliance review for global technology company in the Asia Pacific region.