Partner – Consulting
Chris is a Partner within Grant Thornton’s Consulting Team and has over 25 years experience in cyber security and risk management. Chris spent 12 years in the City of London Police whereas a Detective in the Crime Scene Investigation Unit, and was responsible for building the Computer Crime Unit.
Since moving to Australia, Chris has worked for Big 4 and mid-tier forensic practices as well as acting in a risk and compliance role in the oil and gas sector. During this time, he conducted investigations into numerous matters including the theft of intellectual property, fraud, employee misconduct, bribery and corruption, and Sarbanes Oxley reviews.
Chris has led a number of engagements in the Financial Services sector encompassing banking, superannuation and cryptocurrency which have included the investigation of financial crimes, and facilitating workshops in relation to internal controls, fraud, AML, and regulatory risk.
Recent examples of engagements include:
- Creation and implementation of a regional Risk and Compliance framework for a US and UK listed oil and gas entity.
- Lead Cyber Security and Technical Advisory for the liquidation of one of the largest Crypto Currency Exchanges globally.
- Lead for IT General Controls Review for Australian Neo Bank start up.
- Internal Controls Review for Cryptocurrency Exchange New Zealand.
- Internal Controls Review & Investigation for Australian subsidiary of overseas bank.
- Investigation and remediation of IT system compromise for gaming and betting organisation.
- Review of IT controls for online betting organisation.
- Internal controls workshop facilitation for banking organisation, New Zealand.
- Responsible for the delivery of cyber incident response for Grant Thornton Australia.