Director – Consulting
Joanna has deep capability in designing and delivering business transformations and managing complex change through the lenses of people, process and technology. This includes supporting businesses in the design of their strategic initiatives and helping them manage the processes that bring about the change as an end-to-end activity.
A published academic author with an in depth knowledge of change management practice, in particular, resistance to change, Joanna has a passion for effecting real change. Her pragmatic approach to problem solving drives her ability to deliver the best possible outcome for clients.
Working at the intersection of a number of industries, Joanna areas of expertise include health and aged care, not-for-profit, education and public sector more broadly. She has also worked in depth across a number of other sectors including manufacturing and infrastructure services.
Joanna’s specialist technical expertise includes:
- Survey Research & Analytics
- Business transformation
- Organisational redesign
- Operating model design
- Change & program management
- Market analysis & market entry strategy
- Program design & evaluation
Examples of relevant projects
- Recently led the transformation the operating model of one of Australia’s largest infrastructure service providers through the lenses of people, process and technology in response to a substantial investment in a market-leading, cloud-based digital work management platform. The team delivered a bespoke organisational sizing model used to test organisational structure and operating model scenarios, a complete set of processes mapped to the functional requirements of the business and re-designed and defined the roles within the business.
- Led the development of diversification strategies for a number of automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to capitalise on new market entry opportunities in the lead up to the closure of automotive manufacturing in Australia.
- Joanna led the design, trial and evaluation of the Team Around the Learner Approach to working with students with complex needs in Victorian schools. The team delivered a practice framework, tools, resources and training for professionals, education specialists and Department of Education & Training staff. Joanna also led the clinical review of the approach which was found to be successful and currently being implemented in Victorian schools.
- Joanna led the transformation of a large not-for-profit division’s business model which needed to be transformed to become financially sustainable without historic block funding levels. This adverse situation also presented an opportunity to deliberately design a new business model that would be driven by a clear understanding of the customer, a focus on core profitable activities and compelling value propositions. Two streams of work focused on better understanding the internal and external business environment and culminated in four reports: customer insights analysis, a financial sustainability model, competitor and market analysis. The new business model has established the building blocks for the client to proactively address the needs of its customers, more effectively compete with a compelling value proposition, and increase its commercial client base through the pursuit of new opportunities.
- Published Academic Author – Australian Journal of Management
- Bachelor of Honours (Management) - Monash University
- Bachelor of Commerce (Management) and Bachelor of Science (Psychology) Double Degree – Monash University
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certified