- New Board appointments improve gender diversity for better business outcomes
- Grant Thornton welcomes three new partners
- Rising fear over disproportionate cost of banking regulation
- Katie O’Keeffe to spearhead Human Capital offering in Melbourne
- Grant Thornton appoints new National Head of Business Risk Services
- Tianne Nagy-Jones recognised with ARITA President’s Award
- The UK’s Tech Rocketship Awards take off in Australia and New Zealand
- Robert Powell recognised with Family Business Australia’s inaugural Accredited Advisor Award
- “Western Australia is superbly situated to thrive and prosper”
- Proportionate regulation can help protect banking customers
- Grant Thornton appoints new Human Capital partner
- Darren Scammell joins Grant Thornton
- Life Sciences sector booming and more buoyant than ever
- Grant Thornton welcomes new leaders
- Victoria backs TPP and benefits of Free Trade
- Aged care boardroom briefing with Federal Minister highlights opportunities and challenges for the sector
- volt bank receives Australia’s first restricted ADI licence
- Grant Thornton advises Jupiter Mines on one of the largest IPOs in the metal and mining industry
- Grant Thornton acts for Turi Foods on merger with global food supplier
- Grant Thornton appoints new Partner as part of its ongoing investment in Financial Services
- Grant Thornton Australia continues to bolster its consulting capabilities with the appointment of new technology Partner
Grant Thornton Australia has finalised changes to its Board, including the election of new Chair, Louise McCann as outgoing Chair, Tony Crawford steps down after his 8 year term.
Louise has been an outstanding member of Grant Thornton’s Board since August 2014 and is the first female Chair for Grant Thornton Australia. Louise has held Chair roles for Grant Thornton’s Enterprise Risk Committee and Finance and Audit Committee in addition to her Non-Executive Director roles with companies such as Credit Union Australia, Macquarie Radio Network and Cabcharge Australia Ltd.
The new appointments have significantly boosted diversity on the Grant Thornton Board from 22% earlier in 2018 to 44% by Christmas 2018.
“We have a real focus on diversity at Grant Thornton, both diversity of thought and gender. We are proud to have four women on our Board who are exemplars of our culture, our commitment to diversity, and providing our firm with strategic direction and outstanding leadership,” said Greg Keith, CEO of Grant Thornton Australia.
Based in Melbourne, Elizabeth Lucas is our Head of National Specialist Tax, with an expertise in providing remuneration planning, salary packaging and fringe benefit tax advice to clients across the not-for-profit, corporate and public sectors.
Tim Hands is based in Brisbane and has over 15 years’ experience providing specialist taxation services, with a focus on corporate and international tax.
Andrea Waters is an experienced Non-Executive Director of ASX listed, private companies and not-for-profit organisations. With a wealth of experience across professional services, mid-sized business, risk and governance, we are pleased to welcome Andrea to our ranks.
“I would like to welcome the new members of our Board as well as thank Tony Crawford for his leadership during a time of unprecedented change for Grant Thornton. I would also like to extend my thanks to Mauri Mucciacciaro who also steps down from the Board,” said Greg Keith, CEO of Grant Thornton Australia.
- ends -
Further enquiries, please contact:
National Communications Manager
Grant Thornton Australia
T+61 2 8297 2724