- New Board appointments improve gender diversity for better business outcomes
- Grant Thornton welcomes three new partners
- Rising fear over disproportionate cost of banking regulation
- Katie O’Keeffe to spearhead Human Capital offering in Melbourne
- Grant Thornton appoints new National Head of Business Risk Services
- Tianne Nagy-Jones recognised with ARITA President’s Award
- The UK’s Tech Rocketship Awards take off in Australia and New Zealand
- Robert Powell recognised with Family Business Australia’s inaugural Accredited Advisor Award
- “Western Australia is superbly situated to thrive and prosper”
- Proportionate regulation can help protect banking customers
- Grant Thornton appoints new Human Capital partner
- Darren Scammell joins Grant Thornton
- Life Sciences sector booming and more buoyant than ever
- Grant Thornton welcomes new leaders
- Victoria backs TPP and benefits of Free Trade
- Aged care boardroom briefing with Federal Minister highlights opportunities and challenges for the sector
- volt bank receives Australia’s first restricted ADI licence
- Grant Thornton advises Jupiter Mines on one of the largest IPOs in the metal and mining industry
- Grant Thornton acts for Turi Foods on merger with global food supplier
- Grant Thornton appoints new Partner as part of its ongoing investment in Financial Services
- Grant Thornton Australia continues to bolster its consulting capabilities with the appointment of new technology Partner
Family Business Australia (FBA) celebrated their 20th annual conference in the Northern Territory from 9 – 12 September – bringing together many of Australia’s most successful and innovative family businesses, and recognising the contribution of companies and individuals to Australia’s business landscape.
We are particularly proud to reveal that Robert Powell, Partner and Family Business specialist, has been awarded FBA’s inaugural Accredited Advisor Award, which recognises an individual who has contributed to the FBA, its members and Family Businesses over an extended period of time.
Robert is a passionate specialist with over 30 years’ experience working with family-owned businesses, and is an active spokesperson on business and taxation issues affecting mid-sized businesses and family enterprises. Robert has been involved in SME-related think tank groups with the Australian Taxation Office and was a foundation member of the former Federal Government’s Small Business Advisory Committee, and a former member of the Expert Panel to the Board of Taxation.
“An advocate for his clients, and family business in general, this award is well-deserved recognition for a man who has worked with generations of company owners through the peaks and troughs that are unique to those who choose to work with family.”
“Robert regularly posts on Family Business issues, as well – using social media to share his expertise and help build knowledge amongst his network around topics like successful succession planning and his FREEDOM model. Even in his downtime, Robert still breathes family business and has met family business owners from all over the world. Congratulations, Robert!” – Tony Markwell, National Managing Partner – Private Advisory.
In addition to Robert’s accolades, three of our clients were also inducted into the FBA Hall of Fame – Flower Power, Plasdene Glass Pak and Complete Office Supplies (all NSW clients).
Our success, and that of our clients, at the FBA conference this week is testament to the great work we do supporting our clients and helping them grow.
- ends -
Further enquiries, please contact:
National Communications Manager
Grant Thornton Australia
T+61 2 8297 2724