Automation improves productivity by performing complex tasks previously done exclusively by people. This can offer the opportunity for organisations to save money, minimise risk, and the scope to grow.
For many organisations – regardless of sector – the benefits of automating and streamlining business processes can be enormous, but there can be inherent inefficiencies and risks if not planned and implemented properly.
The team at Grant Thornton works with clients to identify, evaluate and deploy automation solutions that deliver real value. We practise ideation, solution co-design and structured implementation to ensure success.
We take a practical, hands-on approach, and enjoy getting in the trenches with our clients, and improving your operating models, shortlisting partners, compiling the business case, and implementing solutions. Our team also rehabilitates underperforming automation projects.
Benefits to business automation
- Achieve 75%-85% productivity gains
- Improved accuracy and speed to process millions of complex transactions
- Virtual FTE’s working 24 x 7 x 365
- Decreased cycle times and improved information throughput
- Detailed data capture to scale
- Agile scalability
- Eliminate costly delays in gathering information required for critical decisions
- Audit trail for compliance requirements
50-150% forecast increase in average annual productivity growth coupled with an additional A$4,000-A$15,000 additional annual income per Australian by 2030 for midpoint to rapid automation adoption. 1
Considerations when implementing automation solutions
- How do I standardise operations and what is the best operating model? Does this include a person potentially?
- Is it worth investing in automation/what will be the return on investment?
- How will the automation be built?
- What capabilities and resource are required?
- Have I considered how to manage change and risk?
- Can it handle unpredictable variations in business operations?
- How long will it take to start delivering savings?
We work with external partners to deliver successful automation solutions.
 Australia’s Automation Opportunity, McKinsey 2019
Subscribe now to be kept up-to-date with timely and relevant insights, unique to the nature of your business, your areas of interest and the industry in which you operate.