Partner - Private Advisory
Michael has 30 years experience advising owners and senior management of both large corporations and owner managed businesses on business structures, income tax, financial reporting, finance and banking relationships, succession and estate planning. This includes dealing with complex and challenging issues.
Michael has significant experience with assisting business owners decide on and execute their exit strategies, whether it be an external sale or passing on to the next generation. He has similarly assisted high net worth families pass wealth to the next generation and brings experience to assist clients make the right decisions and avoid conflict.
- advised on the eligibility and application of the Small Business Capital Gains Tax provisions on a number of client divestments
- advised on the application of Australia’s Thin Capitalisation Regime to a number of foreign multinational companies as well as Australian businesses operating overseas through foreign subsidiaries
- provided income tax advice to a foreign multinational company on its Australian acquisition and the establishment of the Australian ownership structure, including formation of a Tax Consolidated Group
- providing Australian company secretarial services as well as outsourcing and oversight of overseas company secretarial services in Africa, USA and Indonesia for a top 20 Australian listed company
- advised high net worth clients on their estate planning including the tax effective division of assets between beneficiaries and dealing with superannuation death benefits
- Diploma of Business (Accounting)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- The Tax Institute, Chartered Tax Advisor