Whether you’re a fast-growing business or you have a temporary gap in your finance function, your financial reporting, tax and compliance obligations must be addressed – regardless if you have the resources to manage them.
Without a dedicated CFO or finance function, risk areas can arise, and also opportunities for growth and optimisation missed. Sometimes a permanent CFO role isn’t financially viable – nor is one role the answer. Or, if it is, your business cannot afford the gap in knowledge while you find a permanent solution.
Grant Thornton’s integrated and fully-outsourced CFO model provides all the confidence of an in-house CFO, tax and finance team, with the benefit of access to a wide range of national and international expertise across tax, audit and advisory. We work with clients who are at the very beginning of their growth journey, or who are growing quickly, developing company processes and implementing the finance function.
An extension of your team
Our team acts as an extension of your team, bringing together the breadth and depth of skillsets and expertise required of a CFO. Through one access point, and the ability to scale up or scale down depending on your business’s needs at any time, you have access to a global firm that is across the latest developments in tax and accounting.
- Cash flow management, budgeting and forecasting – budgeting and cash flow issues are key in holding you accountable to your growth targets
- Management reporting – a range of reports for you using the latest cloud technology to yield actionable insights
- Statutory compliance – a range of compliance obligations, including income tax returns, PAYG withholding, superannuation, GST, FBT, payroll tax and corporate secretarial matters
- Bookkeeping and back office – lighten your administrative burden, giving you back more time to focus on what’s important
- Partnerships – connecting you with our network of clients and contacts to develop key partnerships to enable growth in your business
- Advisors – accessing our network of handpicked advisors to collaborate with us on solving problems for you quickly
- R&D and government incentives – your R&D tax offset claim and identify opportunities for government incentives
- Employee share schemes – incentivise employees with options or shares as a substitute for other monetary rewards
- Tax advisory – tax and advisory services to help realise an effective tax solution when things get complicated
- Technology development and consulting – develop, implement and review technology strategies, systems and processes aligned with your business goals
- Human capital – review your current organisational structure to ensure you have the right talent, leadership and culture to execute your strategy
- Capital raising – identifying investor and venture capital opportunities and utilise our corporate finance network across any industry
- International expansion – Grant Thornton provides a gateway to global resources, offering our clients the specialist services they require while operating as a hub for global communications, strategy and regionally focused business expertise
- Initial Public Offerings – every phase of the process, from back-door listings, to raising pre-IPO funds and managing a public listing
- Exit strategies – delivering the best outcome for business owners through careful planning and preparation. Whether it be valuations advice, succession planning or family office services, we provide the informed advice you need to achieve optimal outcomes
How outsourced CFO works
Our outsourced CFO team complements your business structure, supporting business owners directly, as well as CEOs as they report into Boards.
From managing your operational, compliance and day-to-day obligations, to forecasting, strategic- and forward-thinking required to achieve growth – or even just a sounding board – your Outsourced CFO is developed with your needs at its core.
- Performance reporting
- Sales/event ready
- Cash preservation and extraction
- Systems and processes
- Business strategy and plans
- Finance function
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Finance meetings/Board advisory
- Management accounting
We also work with stakeholders key to the business function, including:
- Banks and alternate financiers
- Regulators affecting your industry and business: i.e. ATO and ASIC
- Government for grants and incentive packages at a state and federal level