Partner & Head of Private Business Tax & Advisory - Melbourne
With over 25 years’ experience within professional services, Michael has developed a broad range of skills across all aspects of business advisory and taxation. His experience incorporates a vast range of industry knowledge including retail, property development, renewable energy, professional service firms, franchising, manufacturing, computer consulting, importing and exporting.
Michael has also worked with a number of large overseas groups in assisting them migrate their business operations to Australia, including establishment of appropriate structures, compliance with local regulations and taxation obligations. He continues to work with these organisations assisting them with their ongoing requirements as their business and Australian presence expands. His experience includes:
- assisting a large UK retailer in establishing a presence in Australia including incorporation of their online business and establishment of local bricks and mortar retail locations
- establishing a local dedicated credit card processing subsidiary for a large Hong Kong based online retailer including consideration of credit card scheme processing rules and Australian income tax requirements
- providing outsourced CFO services to services to various businesses, working hand in hand with clients to provide reliable and practical accounting, tax and advisory services.
- Masters of Tax, The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Business
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Taxation Institute of Australia