Whether you are looking to increase market share, gain competitive advantage or influence supply chains, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) can be an effective way to supercharge the growth of your organisation.
It is important to consider all aspects of such a transaction. There can be very complex tax issues and obligations to navigate – so expert advice is critical.
Being across tax issues on an M&A transaction, means that you can better plan and negotiate to ensure that your deal is structured for an optimal tax position. There may even be tax concessions you are eligible for, but are not aware of, and so it is important to seek expert advice.
How we help
Grant Thornton can help you manage all tax aspects of an M&A to ensure compliance and deliver business benefits. With our strong experience, we work together to address potential issues by:
- undertaking due diligence
- implementing tax-effective structuring options and funding strategies
- managing capital gains and income tax
- managing stamp duty and GST implications
- ensuring that transaction documentation, such as Share Sale Agreements, have appropriate tax input
- executing your transaction from a tax perspective and making sure all the tax obligations are done.
Successful M&A transactions involve more than good tax advice. Our integrated service incorporates the range of experts you may need, including corporate finance experts and other business professionals.
Subscribe now to be kept up-to-date with timely and relevant insights, unique to the nature of your business, your areas of interest and the industry in which you operate.