Director - Audit & Assurance
National Assurance Quality - Financial Reporting Advisory
Owen is a Director in the National Financial Reporting Advisory team based in Melbourne. He is a technical specialist in the application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and US GAAP with over 12 years’ experience working on technical accounting & audit matters, including time as Controller of a USD400m services company.
Excluding two years as Controller, Owen has been with Grant Thornton since 2007. He has worked both in the Melbourne office and spent 4 years in Grant Thornton’s Dallas office, where he served both in an audit and Financial Reporting Advisory capacity. In his two years as Controller, Owen was responsible for design, development and maintenance of accounting policy, financial control, and management reporting and brings a strong commercial perspective to his technical advisory work.
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Information Systems (University of Melbourne)
- Member Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand
- Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant licensed by Texas State Board of Public Accountancy