Partner & Head of Tax - Brisbane
Paul leads the Taxation Services team in Brisbane and has over 25 years experience working with clients in an array of industries to help them navigate through complex and potentially risky tax and commercial issues.
He has expertise in transaction advisory and support, domestic and international tax planning, employee incentive scheme design and implementation, superannuation structuring and advice, succession planning and estate planning. Paul assists clients in solving challenging issues and unlocking their potential for growth.
Paul is well regarded for the strategic support he offers clients and member firms across the Grant Thornton International network in the development and alignment of global visions and strategies.
- the provision of tax advice on the international expansion of a Media & Technology company into new markets including Asia, Europe, North America and South America
- assisting facilitation of the second biggest transaction within the Australian travel industry in 2014
- delivering assistance to the owners of private groups with the tax issues and demands associated with being globally mobile
- helping private companies provide employees with equity including managing the associated uncontrollable tax burden that potentially arises
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Queensland State Councilor for the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business