State taxes is a highly technical, complex and changing landscape. It is essential that clients are aware of their obligations and the revenue law consequences and opportunities of their transactions. Having provided advice across a number of diverse industries on matters of all sizes, I understand the importance of providing clients with timely, clear and concise communication that deconstructs the technical and complex nature of state taxes.
Partner – Tax - State Taxes
National Specialist Tax
Kristina specialises in advising clients on all aspects of transactions from a revenue law perspective across all Australian States and Territories. This includes stamp duty, land tax and foreign surcharges.
Kristina works closely with clients on a broad range of state tax issues operating across all industries including major projects, funds, retail, real estate and construction, utilities and resources.
Kristina has a breadth of experience advising on state taxes, revenue investigations, stamp duty implications for all phases of M&A transactions, restructuring, applying and advising on corporate reconstruction exemptions, and private rulings and exemptions.
Kristina has advised and acted on state tax disputes in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court of Australia, the Victoria Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
Clients value Kristina’s technical skills and ability to provide comprehensive and practical multi-jurisdictional advice that is focused on effective commercial and tax outcomes.
Examples of Kristina’s experience includes:
- stamp duty implications for all phases of M&A transactions (due diligence, structuring, post-acquisition assistance);
- investigations (voluntary disclosures, objections and appeals);
- restructuring and applying and advising on corporate reconstruction exemptions; and
- applying for private rulings and exemptions including in respect of foreign surcharges.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Monash University
- Monash University – Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours), Monash University
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Admitted to Supreme Court of Victoria
- Member of the Tax Institute’s Victorian State Taxes Committee