Partner - Tax
Avinesh has over 18 years’ Australian tax experience. His focus area is transaction taxes. Avinesh is an expert in advising on tax issues that arise in mergers, acquisitions and divestments. He is an expert in tax due diligence, structuring, negotiating and liaising with stakeholders and post deal integration.
He has assisted numerous businesses with complex international tax and cross border tax planning.
In the transaction taxes field, deadlines are strict and the ability to evaluate risk and opportunities under pressure is a key requirement. Avinesh has proven skills in in M&A working with key stakeholders including lawyers, revenue authorities, shareholders and company Directors.
Avinesh works across all industries and has, in the past, focussed on real and estate and construction and technology companies.
Examples of Avinesh's work include:
- working with the Grant Thornton Transaction Services team in the provision of tax due diligence services
- review of share sale agreements and purchase price negotiations
- assisting corporate groups with acquisition structuring
- advising on tax losses and capitals gains tax rollovers
- working with clients to obtain tax warranty and indemnity insurance for deals
- assisting multiple businesses with the tax aspects of getting “IPO ready”
- obtaining Tax Rulings on behalf of clients on significant matters.
Meet our new Partners
It is our vision to be the leading growth advisor to mid-sized businesses, and in a competitive and rapidly changing environment, dynamic businesses need to rely on insightful advice and hands-on support.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Economics
- Chartered Accountant
- Fellow - Tax Institute of Australia