Director – Corporate Tax
Viral has over 15 years of experience in advising clients across diverse industry sectors on taxation matters in both Australia and India. He understands the importance of providing practical advice and compliance services that align with the changing business needs and objectives of any business.
He has experience in advising clients on corporate tax, international tax, M&A tax matters and assisting them with their tax compliance work. He has serviced clients across a wide range of industries, including: Technology, Life sciences, Pharmaceuticals, Telecom, Building & Construction, Retail & Consumer products, Education , and Agribusiness.
Viral works to ensure that tax affairs of his clients are managed in an efficient and timely manner. Throughout the process, he is focused on adding value and at the same time keeps his clients informed of relevant matters in a manner that is balanced and to the point.
- Extensive experience with respect to tax compliance obligations (including tax provision services)
- Assisting clients with respect to ATO audits, Streamlined Assurance Reviews, obtaining pre-lodgement advice, private binding rulings and payment plans
- Review of existing client systems, providing gap analysis and reviewing, drafting and providing comments on tax governance policy documents and framework
- Advising in respect of complex tax issues including tax losses, thin capitalisation, debt equity characterisation, deemed dividends, foreign income tax offsets, conduit foreign income, capital gains roll overs, hybrid mismatch provisions, consolidation and de-consolidation, entry and exit ACA, withholding taxes and treaty application
- Extensive experience advising on the treaty concept of permanent establishment and for determining the type of entity and capital structure for entry into Australia
- Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Accounting and Auditing), Mumbai University (India)