I am passionate about being an external adviser who my clients can rely on as an extension of their internal team to offer guidance and advice on the changing landscape of sustainability reporting. We aim to give our clients confidence around their sustainability initiatives so they can make an authentic difference within their business and in the wider ESG space.
National Managing Partner – ESG
Andrew is a highly experience auditor with experience in external audit, business risk services, due diligence and technical financial reporting. This experience has been gained in South Africa, the United Kingdom and Australia.
Andrew works predominately in the health an aged care sector, providing external audit services and solutions on compliance and governance. Andrew is also responsible for coordinating the partner led audit and other associated assurance services to meet the requirements of his diverse portfolio of clients. This includes audits of privately held businesses, not-for-profit organisations and publicly listed companies.
Andrew has experience in ESG, sustainability and integrated reporting with a knowledge of the international frameworks, standards and accepted methodologies. He uses this expertise to assist clients with their sustainability strategy, and in particular their reporting, which meets the needs of their stakeholders as well as the standards.
Key examples of Andrew’s work include:
- building a sustainability strategy using a recognised framework that engages stakeholders as to what the organisation stands for
- developing gap analysis of ESG disclosures using international standards
- assessing audit readiness of ESG data
- leading his clients through the uncertainty of funding and legislative changes
- developing and presenting training on accounting matters, prudential compliance and governance
- serving on the Board of Grant Thornton Australia for two years.
- Registered company auditor for 25 years
- ESG gap analysis between current reporting and international standards
- Assessment of ESG data against ability to report and express an audit opinion on that data
- Bachelor of Accountancy – University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Certificate of Public Practice
- Registered Company Auditor
- Global Standards for Sustainability Impacts (GRI) Registered Advisor