At Grant Thornton we pride our ourselves on connecting with our clients authentically. For me this means bringing a curious mind, and a hands-on approach to get a broader understanding so that I am able to both challenge and support my clients. By having open, honest and collaborative conversations, I am able to address what is most important to my clients – whether that be unique insights leveraged off deep industry expertise, or seamless cross service delivery.
Director – Audit & Assurance
Julie works closely with her clients, spending time to understand the business and financial risks to deliver external audits and other assurance related projects.
She has over 10 years’ experience and has worked with a range of clients, including ASX listed and unlisted organisations and now specialises in financial services audits. Her specialty is in working with organisations in the financial service space – mutual banks, mortgage brokers and more recently, neobanks – but she also works on a number of multinational group audits, compliance engagements such as CPS 220 risk management reviews, and preparation technical accounting advice reports.
Julie also helps lead the delivery of accounting guides for our ADI clients and is focused on helping clients overcome challenges in the implementation of new accounting issues.
- Statutory financial statement audits
- APRA prudential standard audits and AFSL engagements
- Outsourced internal audits
- Agreed upon procedures engagements for ADIs – including CPS 220 Risk Management reviews, collateral audits for securitisation trusts and other procedures for a number of neobanks prior to granting of ADI licence
- Technical accounting advice
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Accounting), University of New South Wales