Director – Financial Advisory
Lisa has over 15 years’ insolvency and restructuring experience in both the UK and Australia. During that time Lisa has managed a range of receiverships, liquidations and voluntary administrations.
Lisa also advises clients on broader operational and performance improvements providing these services via pre-lend reviews, investigating accountant’s reports and business reviews.
Lisa spent one year on secondment to the Financial Services Enforcement Division at ASIC, bringing actions against financial planners, small credit institutes and directors.
A former board member of the Women’s Insolvency Network Australia (WINA) and inaugural chair of the ARITA young professional committee from 2016 to 2018.
Examples of formal insolvency work include:
- Courtney House: Appointment by the Supreme Court of New South Wales of a Ponzi-style scheme that raised approximately $250 million from retail investors under the guise that the capital raised was being for foreign currency trading. To date, Grant Thornton has been successful in recovering in excess of $50 million for investors and brought to account the key protagonists in the fraud.
- Ralan Group: Large, high profile appointment to 58 entities which undertook property development across QLD and NSW. At appointment total creditor debt was in excess of $500m. Lisa was the lead manager on this file and responsible for all aspects of the Voluntary Administration.
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Bachelor of Accounting and Law (Hons)
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association - IEP
- Insolvency Practitioners Association (UK) - CPI