Partner & Head of Tax - Sydney
Michael has over 20 years’ experience in advising on taxation matters in both Australia and the UK. He has experience in advising on corporate and international tax. Michael has particular expertise in assisting companies as they establish themselves in the Australian market and look to fast-track their growth. He understands the importance of providing practical tax advice and compliance services that support growing businesses in navigating complexity.
Michael has worked with some of Australia's largest businesses and most recognised brands, and is highly experienced in advising tax consolidated groups on acquisitions and divestments. Michael's clients are able to leverage significant M&A experience as they look to grow.
Michael has also been involved in liaising with the ATO on behalf of clients on a range of tax investigations, comprehensive risk reviews and audits, including preparing private ruling applications and negotiating settlements.
- tax consolidation
- tax losses
- mergers and acquisitions
- cross-border transactions
- tax issues affecting the technology sector
- GST issues facing retirement villages
- Master of Arts (Law), Oxford University
- Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand (ICAANZ)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Tax Institute
- Barrister of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Registered Tax Agent