Director - Tax
Serena has over 11 years tax consulting & compliance experience and manages a diverse client portfolio ranging from small to medium enterprises to large reporting corporations, across a range of industries, including technology, manufacturers, mining, biotechs, infrastructure clients.
As an Australian Chartered Accountant, Serena has previously worked with a mid-tier accounting firm and with the Australian Taxation Office.
Serena works closely with our Tax Partners in areas of international and corporate taxation. She has assisted companies in corporate restructures, advised on mergers & acquisitions, business sales and appropriate business structures for starting up a business in Australia. She has also advised foreign corporations on their Australian activities and flow-on tax liabilities.
- Cross-border tax planning, including the establishment of Australian and foreign operations and development of tax effective cross-border financing structures
- Advice in respect of business sales
- Restructuring business operations in preparation for IPO
- Advice on tax loss recoupment
- Tax advice on a proposed global restructure
- Tax consulting on major infrastructure projects (rail)
- Chartered Accountant
- Master of Taxation (UNSW)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants