The United States national election is over, and while we await ratification of the results and inauguration of the new President, focus must now turn to the likely tax policies of the Administration of President Elect Joe Biden.Read more…
Partner - Tax
Yan is a Chartered Accountant and qualified lawyer with over 25 years’ corporate and international tax experience. Yan specialises in advising clients in the Food and Beverage sector particularly in respect of tax compliance, ATO risk reviews/audits, private ruling applications, legally privileged tax advice and documenting reasonably arguable positions. He works closely with other Professional Services (accounting, legal, financial advisory) firms to provide specialist tax technical advice as part of overall commercially driven solutions to client transactions. Yan is particularly experienced in leading teams consisting of international or indirect tax/transfer pricing specialists to comprehensively meet the tax compliance and transactional requirements of multinational client groups.
Some examples of Yan’s previous work include:
- providing tax due diligence services to a multinational in acquiring another multinational group in the food and beverage sector
- providing tax consolidation advice on formation/entry issues for a corporate retirement village owner/operator
- identifying cash tax savings by appropriately utilising practical measures such as tax depreciation, research and development offsets and CGT small business concessions
- representing clients in ATO Top 1000 Streamlined Assurance Reviews.
- Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Laws, the University of Sydney
- Fellow of the Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand