The Australian Growth Company Awards have now launched, with headline sponsors including Hamilton Locke, Moelis Australia, Grant Thornton, Ansarada and Willis Towers Watson.
Launched in 2012, the awards celebrate companies that demonstrate high rates of sustainable growth, innovation, integrity and contribution to the community.
Paul Gooley, National Head of Corporate Finance, one of the judges for the Awards, is looking forward to seeing the nominations this year.
“While 2020 was a year fueled with uncertainty, we still saw a number of industries and companies prosper. Changing markets and consumer habits fast tracked some companies on their path to IPO for example, as much as it stalled others,” said Paul Gooley.
“All of our categories have seen remarkable change over the last 12 – 18 months. Lockdowns, border closures and working habits have switched the dial on what we consume and how we access services. I’m expecting to see a lot of submissions with a clear focus on end-to-end customer experience”.
Eligible applicants will have an annual turnover between $25 million and $600 million, with the ‘Company to Watch’ category having a minimum annual turnover requirement of $5 million. Turnover from the past three years will be considered given the market volatility due to COVID-19. Nominations will be assessed by an independent panel of judges.
Categories for the awards include:
- Growth Company of the Year Award (awarded to the overall winner of the industry categories)
- Consumer Goods Growth Company of the Year Award
- Financial Services Growth Company of the Year Award
- Business Services Growth Company of the Year Award
- Technology Growth Company of the Year Award
- Health & Life Sciences Growth Company of the Year Award
- Women in Leadership Award
- IPO of the Year Award
- Private Equity Deal of the Year Award
- Turnaround Deal of the Year Award
- Company to Watch Award
- Sustainability and Cleantech Award
Nominations are now open and all applications close on Tuesday 3 August. Nominate or apply here.