Individuals and organisations requiring my expertise as a forensic accountant are generally in significant financial disputes, often long running and rarely desired. I bring clarity to complex, disputed financial issues, providing considered, robust and independent evidence. I understand that pragmatic, timely advice that is defendable when needed in Court, is at the core of all I do. My expertise allows my clients to focus on their business.
Partner – Financial Advisory
Anne is a forensic accountant, expert witness, and Accredited Business Valuation Specialist (CA ANZ) who works with clients involved in a range of financial disputes, including shareholder, commercial, family or estate issues. Anne provides expert advice and reports to either party involved (or both) their Solicitors, Counsel, and other advisers.
Having worked exclusively in forensic accounting, valuations and litigation support since 2003 – in both Australia and the UK – Anne has broad experience across a range of forensic accounting and valuation assignments. This includes breach of contract and warranty claims, matrimonial disputes, shareholder and director disputes, accounting investigations and Business Interruption claims.
A significant element of Anne’s work and experience is in the provision of valuation opinions and other reports, including quantification of loss, that require significant application of valuation concepts.
With early career experience in business services (private business accounting) and tax, Anne has a deep understanding and practical experience of the issues effecting medium sized businesses, their owners and high net worth individuals.
- Valuations in contentious situations including partnership and shareholder disputes, family law, estate and minority oppression.
- Quantification of loss (including opportunity loss) in all types of proceedings including breach of contract and warranty, breach of fiduciary duties, TPA, and for all types of insurance litigation (including professional negligence, Business Interruption Claims, Personal Injury and Dependency claims).
- Tracing and accounting of funds through multiple entities and accounts.
- Forensic reviews of Plaintiff’s financial records and information to identify and report on motivation for alleged fraud including insurance fraud.
- Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) disputes –determination of accounting issues in dispute as appointed expert/determiner.
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Queensland) (graduating as Valedictorian)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance (FINSIA/Kaplan Professional)
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accountancy (CA ANZ)
- Chartered Accountant, CA ANZ
- Accredited Business Valuation Specialist, CA ANZ
- Qualified Financial Neutral in Collaborative Law (Resolution, UK)