Partner & Head of National Specialist Tax
Elizabeth has extensive experience in providing fringe benefits tax and salary packaging advice to not-for-profit bodies, corporate clients and Government organisations. She specialises in the various aspects of remuneration planning and has experience in the areas of other employment taxes, expatriate taxes and GST. In particular, Elizabeth’s areas of expertise are as follows:
- Salary packaging policies and implementation
- Fringe benefits tax technical issues, systems and compliance procedures
- Remuneration structuring
Elizabeth is involved in the delivery of training programmes both internally and for corporate and public sector clients. She is a speaker at various professional body functions and is a regular media commentator. She chaired the Tax Institute’s FBT Subcommittee and served as a member of the FBT Subcommittee of the National Tax Liaison Group during its tenure for many years and was appointed to the Federal Treasury’s Not-for-profit Sector Tax Concession Working Group.
Elizabeth manages the introduction and updating of salary packaging systems for public and private sector clients, and has extensive experience in this area with not-for-profit bodies. She often presents to employees in relation to participation in the arrangements.
Elizabeth also provides FBT consulting advice to employers in many industries, including government, manufacturing, mining, retail, education, not-for-profits and others. This encompasses identifying risk areas, advising on ensuring compliance with legislative requirements, planning to minimise FBT, assessing FBT systems, preparing policy manuals, assisting with implementing new policies and providing training to staff regarding the procedures. Elizabeth also assists organisations in developing tax effective remuneration structures for their expatriate employees.
- Bachelor of Economics, Monash University
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Associate of the Tax Institute
- Member of the Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Past Chair of the Taxation Institute of Australia FBT Subcommittee
- Past member of the National Tax Liaison Group FBT Subcommittee
- Past member of Federal Treasury’s Not for Profit Sector Tax Concession Working Group
- Member ‘ATO FBT Safe Harbour Working Group’