Director - Consulting
Jane joined Grant Thornton Consulting Business Risk Services in November 2019.
Jane brings significant experience from her distinguished career that includes the 2018 Presidency of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ). She has over 20 years of financial services industry experience having worked in a variety of senior risk management, internal audit and finance roles for APRA regulated and listed entities primarily in banking and general insurance. Jane has worked across Asia, North America and Europe. She has deep experience in the development, embedding and oversight of risk management, assurance, compliance and governance frameworks and the development and rollout of internal audit methodologies.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Jane’s most recent focus was internal audit where she developed the methodology and led reviews of the governance of outsourcing arrangements, risk culture, risk management (CPS 220) and conduct risk. Jane brings a unique perspective and understanding of expectations of an SME, co-source or outsourcing partner from her time working in internal audit.
Jane is a member of the Audit & Risk Committees of the Sax Institute and the University of Notre Dame. She is a Board Member of the Women’s Alcohol and Drug Advisory Centre (Jarrah House). Jane is a former Board Member and a Past President of CA ANZ. During her term as CA ANZ President, Jane championed mental wellness in the accounting profession, drawing on her own experience of balancing a rewarding career with managing mental illness.
During her career in the financial services industry, Jane has taken a lead or integral role in the following:
Establishment or development of:
- Offshore, captive outsourcing entity providing finance, operations and HR services
- Second Line of Defence Risk Division including organisational design and recruitment
- Risk Governance Framework including Board & Management reporting, Management Risk Committees and Regulatory Interaction Model
- Risk Assurance Framework including methodology, annual planning and execution
- CPS 220 Assessment Methodology
- Conduct Risk Audit Methodology
Implementation or ongoing operation/review of:
- Risk Management Strategy, Risk Policies, Risk Appetite Statement and Delegations Framework
- Risk Maturity Model and Risk Culture Framework
- Internal Audit Methodologies including Risk Culture, Corporate Governance and Outsourcing
- Profiling of financial and non-financial risks
- Processes, internal controls and monitoring to support regulatory and legislative changes
- Due diligence of proposed and assurance over existing material outsourcing arrangements
- Bachelor of Economics
- Fellow - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member - Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member - Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Past President - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand