Partner - Financial Advisory
John is a registered liquidator, chartered accountant and member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association and brings 20 years’ corporate insolvency, restructuring and advisory experience to the Grant Thornton team.
John has a passion for working with business owners and their advisers in the dynamic mid-market segment and thrives on formulating cost effective performance improvement and business restructure strategies. John’s recent assignments include:
- Voluntary administrator of a roller door business operating in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, with a turnover of $20M p.a. and 75 staff.
- Liquidator of a retail bakery chain in Tasmania with turnover of $2M p.a. and 20 staff.
- The lead appointee in the business review of a chain of franchised fast food outlets in NSW and Canberra.
John has significant expertise assisting businesses in Real Estate & Construction and Hospitality industries.
By his clients, John is seen as an ‘essential advisor’. He is also the Sydney Lead for Grant Thornton Affinity, which is a member network of professional advisors who rely on each other for support services outside their immediate area of expertise.
- Registered liquidator
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround