Partner - Financial Advisory
John is a registered liquidator, chartered accountant and member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association and brings over 20 years’ corporate insolvency, restructuring and advisory experience to the Grant Thornton team.
John has a passion for working with business owners and their advisers in the dynamic mid-market segment and thrives on formulating cost effective performance improvement and business restructure strategies. John’s recent assignments include:
- Safe harbour review for an Ag-Tech start-up business. This gave the company time to raise an additional $10M in funding to support ongoing growth.
- Viability review of a hospitality group with 4 large venues across NSW and separate chain of franchised fast food businesses in NSW and Canberra. The reviews were conducted to support requests for additional funding.
- Voluntary administrator of Tike Property Group, a property development company that delivered more than 60 projects/ 540 new luxury dwellings in the Sunshine Coast region. The engagement saw the company execute a deed of company arrangement to avoid liquidation.
- Liquidator of a roller door business operating in Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia, with turnover of $20M p.a. and 75 staff.
John has significant expertise in assisting businesses in the Franchise, Hospitality & Tourism and Real Estate & Construction industries. John has also recently been involved in assisting businesses in the Agricultural Industry.
By his clients, John is seen as an ‘essential advisor’. He is also the NSW lead Partner of Grant Thornton Affinity, which is a member network of professional advisors who rely on each other for support services outside their immediate area of expertise and cross-referral opportunities.
- Registered liquidator
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Representative to the ASIC Liaison Committee