Partner & Head of Private Business Tax & Advisory - Sydney
Marcia has over 11 years of accounting, taxation, superannuation and business advisory experience, focusing on family businesses and high net worth individuals. This includes taxation planning, business restructuring and succession and transition planning for business exit strategies.
Marcia builds strong, trusted relationships which lay a foundation for providing holistic and personalised advice.
Marcia works across a number of industry sectors with an emphasis on commercial and residential builders and is a core member of the firm’s real estate and construction industry group. She has vast knowledge in the areas of small business concessions and taxation of trusts.
Key examples of Marcia’s work include:
- Assisting with the structuring of numerous business sales to manage and minimise the taxation implications of the sale
- Advising high net worth individuals during ATO reviews including consultation with the ATO
- Assisting property developers with income tax and GST implications associated with construction and property sales (including application of the margin scheme)
- Providing strategic advice with respect to inter-entity transactions within group structures including consideration of the tax effectiveness thereof
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (CA)
- Member, Tax Institute of Australia (CTA)
- Bachelor of Business (Queensland University of Technology)